WHAT IT DOES
- The probe is an engineered solution for our series of GasFinder analyzers to remotely monitor the path average concentration inside of a stack or duct
HOW IT WORKS
- The analyzer can be mounted locally or remotely
- Fibre optic cable carries the laser light from the analyzer to the remotely mounted stack/duct probe (transceiver)
- The active measurement path is formed by the laser passing through the stack/duct and being returned by the retroreflector on the opposing flange.
- The laser light is then collected and the signal is carried back to the analyzer via coaxial cable
- The ppm-m concentration is then transferred from the analyzer to the PLC or DCS
- In some cases, condensation and accumulated dust can cause optical interference or a blocked path.
- For cases of positive pressure, instrument air can be tubed in to the spacer flange to provide a flow rate of 1-5 l/min to keep the dust from settling
- In instances of negative pressure, the ¼” NPT port in the spacer flange can be left open to allow air circulation
- Install the transceiver and leave the retro flange off
- Remove cover plate on the transceiver
- Connect the visible laser from the troubleshooting and diagnostic kit (most stacks and ducts have a particulate load and the beam should easily be seen)
- Adjust the alignment screws so the visible laser beam is aimed through the opposing flange port
- Install the retro flange, remove the visible laser, and replace the cover plate on the transceiver
- It is important that the flanges are welded orthogonally to the duct and that the two flanges are mounted at the same height
- For high concentration applications
- For stack temperatures over 120ºC (250ºF), it is recommended to install a spacer flange
- Measurement Principle: TDLAS
- Open-Path Length: 0.3 – 20m (1 – 65 ft)
- Gas Temperature: -40ºC – 150ºC (-40ºF – 302ºF)
- Gas Pressure: Max 300 mbar
- Ambient Temperature: -45ºC – 80ºC (-49ºF – 176ºF)
- Ambient Humidity: Operating; non-condensing 5-95% RH
- Dust Concentration: Max 2 g/m3
SIGNAL CONNECTOR SPECS
- Optical Connector: FC/APC Female (Signal-In)
- Coaxial Connector: BNC Female (Signal-Out)
- Power Supply: None Needed
- Opening for Gland: 20mm
- Dimensions: 160 x 160 x 300mm (6.3 x 6.3 x 11.8 in)
- Weight: 4.5 kg (9.9 lbs)
- Protection: IP66/NEMA 4x
- Materials: AISI316
- Housing: AISI316 with PE or PTFE
- Window: Borosilicate, fused silica, or sapphire
- Gaskets: NBR, Viton, or PTFE
- Flange Size: 3” ANSI 150#
- Please contact email@example.com for application specific details.
The GasFinder2-MC is a rack mounted multi-channel fibre coupled instrument that can be used to monitor up-to 8 different Stack/Duct Probes at the same time.
Click here to go to the GasFinder2-MC product page for more information.
The GasFinder2-FCr is a rack mounted single-channel fibre coupled instrument that can be used with the Stack/Duct Probe.
Click here to go to the GasFinder2-FCr product page for more information.
The GasFinder2-FC is a portable single-channel fibre coupled instrument that can be used with the Stack/Duct Probe.
Click here to go to the GasFinder2-FC product page for more information.